Privacy notice for participants in Armitage Foundation programmes
The Armitage Foundation programmes are run in partnership with universities and conducted within schools.
This means the information you provide on your application form will be stored by both The Armitage Foundation and the partner university.
Throughout this policy we use language which can be defined as:
- Programmes: The Armitage Foundation programme or activity that you have e.g. Armitage Juniors, Armitage Seniors or Armitage Scholars.
- The Armitage Foundation: references to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means The Armitage Foundation of 93 Onslow Road, Walton on Thames, KT12 5AY We are the data controller for the personal data relating to you that we collect and hold
- Partner University: partner universities are hub universities who provide funding and support in the form of Armitage Ambassador
1. What we collect
The Armitage Foundation will be what is called the “Controller” of the personal information that you provide to us when you sign up to a programme. This includes collecting your basic personal information and eligibility for our programmes. To see a full list of the data we hold please see “The data we hold” in appendix 1.
2. Why we collect it
We collect and process your data under the legal basis of legitimate interests. We collect and process your data for the following purposes:
- Assess your eligibility for the programme, in line with the specified criteria
- Evaluate the programme’s effectiveness
- Evaluate the long-term impact of your participation in a programme
- Evaluate session content and delivery
If you do not provide this data, we will be unable to provide you with the opportunity for taking part in the programme.
3. What we do with your data
All the information you provide will only be used for the delivery or evaluation of the programme unless you give us consent to contact you for other purposes.